if i never see your face again ...
then i will find you and love you once more
time after time

Monday, January 22, 2007

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

You've probably heard Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars on the radio or on the telly. My sister says it's claimed to be the purest love song ever, but listening to it, I don't think it as much pure as I think it to be naive.

We'll do it all everything, on our own
We don't need anything, or anyone
If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?

It's like how you would feel, when you think you're in love.. when you feel like you're in love. Nothing else matters. It's only you and that special person. You feel like the world belongs only to the two of you. You would do anything, anything at all to protect what you and that person have. It sounds so perfect, except that it's not.

Reality bites. It's too naive, too silly even, to think that such a thing can be true. We all want to believe this song, and perhaps that's the reason why it's so popular.

Forget what we're told, before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life
All that I am, all that I ever was, is here in your perfect eyes
They're all I can see
I don't know where, confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

When you're deep in that moment, you feel like nothing will ever change. You believe in forever. But we are always changing, in every day of our lives. They may be small, those changes... but they are there. They happen to every one of us. Not one of us is excluded.

Maybe you and that person can change at the same pace, learning to grow together and experience all that life brings together. But what if you are at a different pace? Can one person slow down, and wait for the other to catch up?

It's not that I think it's so bad to have dreams, to believe that forever can be possible. I, too, like to believe in forever. And I even hope that the first could be the last. But we have to be realistic as well, and be able to accept that things may not go exactly to plan.

In the end, the most important thing is to live in the moment, to enjoy every new sensation, every new feeling, every new experience. You can dream, you can hope, but you cannot lie to yourself. Dreams can become true, but they can be shattered as well. Like so many things in life, beware the double-edged blade.

If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Yes.

i know that i have loved you ... at 5:12 PM
fate crumbled all around 0 comments

the.girl ;

    confused about life
    afraid of getting hurt
    let me fly away
    to your heart where i belong

past.memories;

the.messages;